We will be having another awareness month in September 2017 so watch this page and recent news page for updates! If you would like to help spread awareness during the awareness month there are many ways you can achieve this.
- Have a Dystonia awareness display at a pharmacy or chemist
- Leave Dystonia flyers or posters at a clinic or Hospital
- Add a Dystonia article or story in the newspaper
- Share information on Dystonia on a radio channel
- Have a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or another venue and share information on Dystonia
- Organise a public conference or event to raise awareness of Dystonia
- Share website page and other Dystonia info on Facebook and Twitter
- Ask a Hosptial or Clinic to add information on the Dystonia awareness month on their medical display screen
- Share the ADSG Dystonia Awareness Video
- Make it the month to donate to Dystonia research or to a cause relating to Dystonia
Are you interested in a ‘Muscles behaving badly’ shirt to wear during awareness month? Visit the ‘Donate’ page for info about purchasing a Brain Foundation ‘Muscles behaving badly’ shirt and other items. (Purchase of a Dystonia t-shirt Muscles behaving badly or cap is not to raise funds but to raise awareness).
Dystonia Awareness Month added to the Brain Foundation events page and other networks.
Dystonia Awareness Month 2014
In 2014 we had a very first National Dystonia Awareness Month. A Dystonia website was set up and a Facebook page which ran during the awareness month. Group members joined in and helped spread the word and raise awareness. The awareness website had info on Dystonia, updates and events, stories of several sufferers, an awareness video and links to further information and support groups. Link to more details – ADSG Dystonia Awareness Month 2014.