Dystonia Awareness Month September 2019
Dystonia Awareness Month aims to raise awareness of dystonia – a neurological movement disorder which causes uncontrollable movements, twisting or muscles spasms as well as pain. There are different forms of dystonia affecting adults or children.
If you would like to help spread awareness during the awareness month there are many ways you can achieve this.
- Share our Dystonia Awareness Slide
- Have a Dystonia awareness display at a pharmacy or chemist
- Leave Dystonia flyers or posters at a clinic or Hospital
- Add a Dystonia article/story in the media or your Local Council and Community Health Service Newsletters
- Share information on Dystonia on a radio channel
- Have a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or another venue and share information on Dystonia
- Organise a public conference or event to raise awareness of Dystonia
- Share website page and other Dystonia info on Facebook and Twitter
- Ask a Hospital or Clinic to add information on the Dystonia awareness month on their medical display screen
- Ask networks to share on their events page or Calendar
- Share link to the ADSG Dystonia Awareness Video
- Make it the month to donate to Dystonia research or to a cause relating to Dystonia
Dystonia Awareness Month is added to the Brain Foundation events page and other networks.
Dystonia Awareness Month 2017 – Snippet of the Awareness Month
Dystonia Awareness Month 2014
In 2014 we had a very first National Dystonia Awareness Month. A Dystonia website was set up and a Facebook page which ran during the awareness month. Group members joined in and helped spread the word and raise awareness. The awareness website had info on Dystonia, updates and events, stories of several sufferers, an awareness video and links to further information and support groups. Link to more details – ADSG Dystonia Awareness Month 2014.